Friday, May 20, 2011

My first celebrity sighting in Los Angeles

I watched the movie Thor a week or two ago, with the 3-D glasses, thank you, at a theater in Hollywood. This is the first movie I've seen in a theater in 2011 so it was kinda a big deal, mostly because Marcos, one of my friends, had his names in the credits! He's a grip.

Bill has this way-of-being of never wanting to be late for anything. "As soon as you get home we'll need to leave," he texted me mid-afternoon - the day of which we were going to see Thor in the evening.

"I will need to eat beforehand," I texted back - I'm always hungry.

I biked home after work, entered the apartment and Bill deposited a container of quesadillas he had made me in my hands (so great!) - I scarfed them down in the car on the way to Hollywood. After arriving we parked and walk around to the front of the theater. To wait! Of course we're the first ones there! Unbeknownst to us Kirstin and Aaron were getting a drink at a bar nearby, so they might've been in the area sooner. A few minutes later Marcos and Crystal walk up, with Marcos' mom who was visiting for a couple days. Marcos texts Aaron to find out his whereabouts.

"He's at a bar behind the theater," Marcos tells us as we are chatting on the sidewalk, "he's going to pay and then they'll be here."

True to his word, Aaron and Kirstin arrive a few minutes later, through the front door of the theater. Kirstin had an alert look on her face.

"I just saw Kristin Bell," she says as we hug hello, "she's with someone, they held the door open for us."

"What! Oh my gosh," I exclaim and probably started doing some contortions. Kristin Bell is the blonde-haired woman from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I love that movie!

We enter the movie theater and some people from our group get in the concessions line for snacks. Kristin Bell and her fiance (I stalked out who he was on Wikipedia the next day) is in line for snacks too! I walk over and stand next to Bill who is in line, probably start breathing loudly or something, but he seems rather oblivious to the celebrity, who's really pretty and looks really nice! Quite close to him.

No, I did not get a pic with Kristin. And yes this event wasn't as major as say, a rapture, in the grand scheme of things. It happened though and was fun. Oh and Thor was a very entertaining movie. Our group broke into applause and cheers when we saw Marcos' name at the end.

No comments: