Saturday, May 7, 2011

Coin project

From April 2010 to April 2011 I made a project of picking up coins I found on the ground. I collected these coins in a jar. Here's what I found.

CENTS... AMOUNT
1..... 319
5.... 11
10...... 42
25..... 14
100....... 1

In total I found and picked up $12.44 off the ground. Bill collected coins a few years ago. He got close to $25 and found somewhere around a 1,000 pennies? Not bad. On the last day of my project I found 80 cents. It was a thoughtful send-off from the ground. Speaking of the ground, I'm currently enjoying not staring at it everywhere I walk. Oh to look at the sky! Or the person I am walking next to!

The 100 cents in the chart above is a 1 dollar coin, in case you missed it. Metro stations in Los Angeles will return one dollar coins at machines rather than paper money. I'm thinking one of those machines was part of this coin's journey. I found that coin on the ground at LAX when I was flying back to PA after interviewing for my current job. I took it as an auspicious sign.

No comments: