Thursday, November 11, 2010

First Week Down

I've lived in Los Angeles for nearly a week now and I'm feeling, well I'm feeling stuffed up. Living in a much smaller space with two cats is taking a toll on my allergies. What can I do? Pop pills for the rest of my life? Have more forbearance for the redness under my nose and itchiness in my eyes?

I do enjoy living with the cats again even if I don't always want to pet them or have them near me. Living with Bill again is also really great. Well he's in Portland now, probably finished up the talking he was giving at... Williamette University? Not too long ago. I'll see him on Sunday when I pick him up from the airport!

Today I didn't have to work b/c of Veteran's Day. Here's what I did instead.... ate a bagel, cleaned up around the apartment, looked at my PSU homework and did some of it, and went for a walk through the Fashion District, located near where I live.

Shortly after leaving my apartment for this walk a woman approaches me and says, "You're too beautiful, why don't you take off that jacket?" I didn't but I did listen as she went on to explain that her husband is in jail and she lives in the Valley and could I buy her "some orange juice and a banana?" I said no as kindly as possible. Another time and I might've, fruit is healthy! But there wasn't a fruit stand nearby! I hope she got her orange juice and banana.

The Fashion District of Los Angeles contains lots of suit shops, fluffly wedding dress shops, some fabric stores and a couple hosiery stores.



I went in the store named in the sign above. Along with hosiery they have some masks and costume pieces! And spider web tights! I felt rather in-the-know after leaving this store.

Time to blow my nose!

1 comment:

memeticist said...

Glad you are blogging again. Sad about your nose and your cats. Bemused by your fashion district photo and commentary. Fruit for homeless period.