Monday, November 15, 2010

Transit

Writer's block sources from self consciousness for me and I need to keep reminding myself of that. And keep writing. Does anyone reading this use Google Analytics? People've told me they've read my blog... but Google isn't tracking it. Shucks I need the reinforcement!

I've started riding my bike to work and it's been a hugely rewarding experience, if a bit nerve wracking. In the morning the ride is less stressful. Ride down Main up Fifth and turn on Figueroa until I get to those two identical buildings. Home is another type of excursion. Fig turns one way after about a block and I end up riding on the side walk. I feel like something of a jerk! But there's an entry to the 110 there and I'm staying out of the way of all those crazy cars! Sheesh. Along with the road turning one way, there is more traffic throughout the city and more buses. The 2nd street tunnel - I could ride down it but I missed it today, tomorrow I'll give it a shot, making sure my light is on of course.

Here's a blurry picture of the tunnel for you, shot from my phone walking home the other day after I didn't find the bus stop... feel like you're a part of my life ok?

2 comments:

Bill said...

I feel very much a part of your life.

memeticist said...

i remember my brief stay in LA, but i was not daring enuf to bike there. My blog traffic is going up, but there are people getting it as RSS feed and i dont think those show in Googe Analytics, not quite sure really.

And even at this tremendous distance, i am happy to know you and consider you my friend.