Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chicken art



While walking around Angelino Heights one Saturday morning in November I came across a bug car with two chicken heads spray painted on it. I was struck by its beauteous, clean design so I whipped out my camera, stepped out on the street (I was safe!), and took a few pictures of it. Some time later I was talking with Bill about this graffiti and he mentioned that he heard from our friends that no one, and no one meaning not many people, knows who creates the chicken graffiti but that it is found mainly throughout the Echo Park and Silver Lake neighborhoods of LA.

"Hmm, it sounds like something I need to keep an eye out for," I said, and quickly forgot about the chicken art until recently.

In the past week or two while driving on Sunset Blvd I have spotted some chicken murals and they made me really happy. Internet searching today told me the artist's tag? name is Cache.

Where is all this leading?

A new, awesome map project of course! Stay tuned until Sunday.

No comments: