Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tomatoes and Butters

"Could you get your dog to stop barking?" said some neighbor of mine at ohh 1:30am this morning, "it's really loud."

There was indeed a dog barking. My brain decided sleeping was so not the thing to do after the human got to barking, err trying to get the dog to quiet down. I had been dreaming about, balancing plates, on my hands? there was some sort of competition? better I woke up fully anyway.

I live in a 10 story apartment building. My apartment is on the inside of the building. It's located right in downtown LA near skyscrapers, the historic core area, and skid row. It's easy to get around, especially cause I have a bike.

I made a recorder out of paper a few days ago. Just for the entertainment value. I like playing it for minutes on end some evenings. Playing it really means blowing through it until a noise is produced. The process of making a recorder involves rolling up a piece of paper, taping or putting rubber bands around this rolled up paper, cutting a hole about an inch down from the top, and blowing between the layers of paper. I learned how to make a recorder in such a way from here. You can add additional holes to the recorder though I didn't see where it changed the pitch. Perhaps I could try using bigger paper?


Butters, the cat, likes tomatoes. She got a chance to tear into a few this week.

No comments: