Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cowboy hat



A few days ago while walking around on my lunch break I found a variety of chicken murals located near a parking lot. They were such a fun surprise! Yesterday I went back with my camera to document these murals. I noticed the same man there both days, a parking lot attendant I suppose? wearing a white cowboy hat. I asked him if I could take his photo with some chickens.

"Ok, but I don't want these photos to end up on facebook or twitter," he said, seemingly pleased and weirded out by my request, "make sure you get the sign with the price of parking here in the photo."

"You got it, no facebook or twitter," I said, vaguely wondering about the appeal of having the sign with the parking price in the picture if he didn't want the picture shared anywhere.

We introduced ourselves to each other and he walked over to the sign that was also located near some chickens. I snapped a couple photos of him. His white cowboy hat was possibly the most charming part of the photo. Wish I could share it, along with facebook and twitter, I'd have to think he also wouldn't want his photo shared on blogger.


CicLAvia, an event which shuts down numerous streets of auto traffic for bikers and pedestrians alike, happens the second week of April. I'll be attending, in full Safety Demon mode.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Ride On, Safety Demon!